Sunday, April 26, 2015

Painted & Mast section purchased

Thanks to a mate we have a carbon fibre mast to modify to our needs. It's another old 18ft skiff mast that has seen better days but due to the insurance company still not having come out to assess our mast damage the skiff mast is the only option we currently have. It will cost us some dollar to modify but that's how these thing happen some times. We are in the process of changing insurance companies.


Thanks to a few afternoons of fairing put in by Crofty, while I was busy with house hold chores or sanding the rest of the hull, I had the chance to spray the new top coat on the hull today to finish her new bow. I resprayed the entire bottom because there were other bumps and scratches so it was easier just to spray the whole lot. It came up a treat.



In a couple of weeks I plan to flip the hull back over onto its brand new ! trailer. In the mean time I will be fairing the new ! lead bulb I cast last weekend and getting that onto the trailer before the hull goes back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment