Saturday, January 31, 2015

Bow skin on.

Thanks again to Crofty, the new bow skin is on and looking good. It took Crofty, with me helping where and when I could, seven odd hours to get the foam in place.
The first idea was to try to torture the foam into place which would have been nice and quick. Unfortunately there was just too much complex curve and it wouldn't play. Option two was to strip plank the foam which already had a backing of fibreglass. So that's what we did and it took all day. Thanks to Crofty it got done at all, I would have been frustrated and scratching my head a number of times and the time taken would have been measured in days not hours.


 

 



Tomorrow Crofty is coming back to do a basic grind and fair of the foam into the original hull. I will then be left to fair the new foam to get it ready for the structural fibreglass.

No comments:

Post a Comment