Friday, February 13, 2015

New bottom is on

The new bow area construction is finished but not faired completely. I simply ran out of time, energy and money for the time being with only a week to go before our next big race.

The bottom has been glassed and had a quick hi-build coat just to keep of some of the UV it's going to receive over the next couple of months before I get back to do a proper fairing job. There are still lots of lows and fibreglass print through to fair properly.



The Pearl Challenge is next Saturday so I simply ran out of time and energy to finish her off and I also had the boat on its side, which was supported from falling over by my 4x4 and I needed it back. The car was out of use for two weeks and I just had to get it back, and on top of this I needed get the boat back on it's trailer with plenty of time to spare because I knew the new bow would alter where the boat sits on the trailer. I ended up having to move the hull forward about six inches and make a new bracket to 'catch' the bow and move that forward the same amount. The boat now sits better balance on the trailer which is obviously good.



Everyone, owners, boat-builder and crew are all keen to see how she goes with the new bottom. Time will tell. The next race is 43nm and is not just a one way drag race like the last race.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment