Friday, January 30, 2015

New bow structure

Firstly I have to thank Peter Croft (Crofty; boat-builder and friend). We have until 21st February to get the new bow on and faired so there is no time for me to plod along and do this myself.

Crofty has answered the call, at no cost to us (except materials), to help/build our new bow while I help where I can. Firstly Crofty lofted some new frames and keel from some basic measurements I had taken while 'Charlene' was last in the water (last weekend). I then glassed the new frames with 6oz (200gsm cloth).
Next was epoxy coving the new frames in place, today, and then using 50mm fibreglass tape to make them bullet proof.

 
Looks kinda funky right now but it will all be revealed shortly.
 
 
Tomorrow we will hopefully get the new bow skin in place.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment